Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Finally Did It

I hate to say it because I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions (honestly, who keeps them past March?), but I finally started a blog. I swore that I was going to start writing again this year and made it my goal to do so. It may have taken a month and a half(ish) but hey, better late then never.

Technically  I've always been a writer. I've kept journals since I learned how to write. Remember Lisa Frank Diaries with the locks and keys? I have multiple. And have had my grandmother find and correct my spelling in entries. But that's for another blog post.

Keeping track of day to day life, problems, triumphs, life lessons and loves lost has always been a big part of my life. And I love going back to see how much I've changed from the experiences I've had. So I thought why not keep it electronically? Plus with all the typing I do at work my handwriting has become atrocious other then my signature. And my hand cramps if I'm writing longer then scribbling notes down. Wah wah.

I have to give credit where credit is due and say a big thank you to my husband, who helped me name the blog and constantly supports all the crazy ideas I have in my head. Like when I just decide "hey, I'm going to run a half-marathon" or "I'm doing a 65 mile bike ride from Philly to Atlantic City" or "I'm going to start a blog" (all of which I'm doing, again, this year. Naturally more posts will follow). He always looks at me, says "go for it" and continues to support me all the way through. So thank you for the support, love, and helping me constantly remember which movie I know "that" actor from.

There's definitely more to this blog title then meets the eye, but I'll go with the obvious. In short, I have ridiculous curly hair (which is a whole other blog post for a future date). While bantering back and forth about blog names and hubby mentioned the title "Living with Curls" I thought it couldn't be more appropriate label for not only mine, but life in general. Living with curly hair has it's challenges; it's constantly throwing you through a loop of how it's going to work with you on a daily basis. Much like life, living with curly hair is full of surprises, twists and turns. And even when you think you have it under control, it throws you through another wave.

So sit back, relax and enjoy the random ramblings of a woman who is just living with curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment