Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy: The Pre-Storm

This is pretty much the story of my life right now:



We've been in our new home for exactly one month and Hurricane Sandy is about to barrel through South Jersey and basically ravage the entire Northeast.

Our fridge is stuffed with leftovers from the small house warming party we had last weekend (chocolate covered pretzels anyone?). I've got enough beer and wine to last me at least a day. Okay, way longer then that but my with my anxiety level who knows.

My wonderful parents ran gutter extenders and a pool hose from our sump pump to get water away from the house yesterday while we were up in NY attending to already planned engagements.

We came home early today to move every single object that wasn't tied down outside into either the garage or the back shed.

And now we wait. And pray that we don't lose power. Because in the back of my head, if the power goes out and our basement starts flooding it will start on the unfinished side and I'll have enough time to get the boxes/dvds/books/collectibles out of harms way. Lie to me and tell me that I absolutely will.

Good luck everyone, be safe, and see you on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment