Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday No No's.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm being a Grinch this Christmas season. I had a super busy/stressful 2 months after we bought our house, then Sandy hit in the midst of all of that. I had to deal with this after coming home from a wedding and we are now facing the 99.9% probability that we need to replace our hot water heater ($$$$$). So needless to say it's been really difficult for me to get in the holiday spirit. Are there people worse off then me? Of course. Am I still going to complain? You bet.

I try very hard not to be a judgmental person because quite frankly, what you do with your life is your business. I am not judge and jury. You sure as heck don't have to answer to me at the Pearly Gates (if that's what you believe). So as long as you're not actively hurting others and are generally a good person, we're cool.

But I'm going to get judgmental about some holiday decorations.

Christmas decorations or Halloween Graveyard?
First of all, the inflatable figures on the lawn. NO. Just no. To me, they look super tacky. And this is coming from someone who is a new homeowner so we only have enough lights to do one side of the bushes of our home this year. I mean seriously, when they are deflated it looks like a plastic bag graveyard in front of your house. And the Santa in a bathtub inflatable? That's just creepy. Why is Santa taking a bath in your front lawn?

Secondly, the people that make their cars look like "reindeer" with the antlers in the window and red nose on the front emblem of the car, NO.  Stop it. That's right up there with the 'I feel the need to put 10238129 stickers of all my family members and pets on the back of my car". Your car is not a sleigh. Plus with gas being this expensive, do you really want to add wind resistance to your vehicle at this point?

And lastly, the newest trend I've been noticing in my travels this year is people putting decorative wreaths on the front grill of their car. NO. A wreath belongs on your front door or your garage or heck even on a spacious wall of your home. NOT the grill of your car. What if that somehow caught fire from the heat of your engine?

I know, I know, after a post like that I'm probably getting coal in my stocking. But that would be fantastic because I'll use it to heat up the water in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment