Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

So I know my past couple posts have been mostly complaining as I was pretty much to my breaking point- but really I have to look on the bright side and see what am amazing year I've had.

I am so blessed.

I have a job that even though drives me to the edge of insanity at times, means I have a steady income to support my lifestyle.
That same job means working with my family, daily. How many people are that lucky that they get to be with family members every day?
And the stress of that job reminds me that I am being trusted with all the work because they know I can handle it. If I hadn't proven myself, it wouldn't be in my hands.

I have the most incredible family, friends that I would do anything for, and an extended family through my marriage that is one of a kind. All of these people constantly keep me in check and astound me with how incredible each and every one of them are.

I'm blessed to have purchased and be spending my first Christmas in my home. Even if that means replacing your hot water heater on Christmas Eve, at least I have a home to call my own to do that in, and am lucky enough to have a savings account for the unexpected in life. Plus a network of people thanks to my parents that are willing to come out on Christmas Eve to do that for us.

That I have new neighbors who stopped over before the biggest hurricane in ages hit the East Coast, to help my husband and I with tips on how to get the water away from our home. They restored my faith in humanity that good people do still exist.

And for all the family and friends from NY who helped us move into our new home in the heat of September, I'm forever indebted to you and your generosity.
For those who sent us housewarming gifts, making decorating and helping our house to become a home a little less of a burden on this couple.

That I was named YIP of the Year 2012. I don't think I can say any more then I already have in the post I wrote, but that honor and recognition from my peers is something that is truly humbling and reminds me why I do what I do each day.

I'm lucky that after 5 years of being together and 3 of those married, my husband still manages to surprise me with a gift I wasn't expecting on Christmas Day, even when I'm sure I drive him crazy the other 364 days of the year.

And that my amazing husband supports me in all the crazy events I'm luckily healthy enough to partake in, like half marathons and 65 mile bike rides. I do have to remind him he is my emergency contact, but I'm sure he's relieved the phone doesn't ring at any time during those events.

I got to become an aunt for the first time, and it's so amazing to hold that little new baby in your arms and watch her grow. Technology makes being so far away seem less so.

That prayers are answered, though not necessarily as quickly as we'd like them to be, and now an amazing friend and couple are expecting another baby in June <3

That I got to be a part of one of my most incredible friend's wedding in October, even though it was a tough day, she's stronger then anyone I know and I couldn't be more honored to have been a part of her big day.

For the insanity of the two months I had, that it reminds me that these are once in a lifetime experiences. And mixed in there I was able to learn things that will only further my career, all thanks to the trust of my employer.

For my unbelievable sister, who passed her CPA exams. I couldn't be more proud of her and all the accomplishments she achieves.

For all the engagements of this year, and all the weddings that Nick and I will be attending next year. Those are the moments when you remember what life's all about - being together with those you love.

So this Christmas I'm re-checking my outlook on life. Things can be worse, and when it rains it always pours. But I'm here and I'm breathing and that is just a snapshot of the incredible year I've had. I wouldn't change a thing, and can't wait to see what 2013 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment