Saturday, April 27, 2013

Resolutions - 2nd Goal

Well the scale had a surprise for me this week....I've officially made it to my second goal - I've lost 20 Pounds!!

And yes I know I just wrote a blog about being comfortable with yourself and the way you look but see post here about my wake up call - being told my blood pressure was high. I'm trying to get healthy people, not look emaciated!

Anywho, needless to say I'm proud of myself. I've got 10 more pounds to go until I'd be at a weight that I'd feel comfortable sustaining (aka, at my wedding weight) and 13 more from that to be at my ideal weight.

It has been an emotional ride and I'm slightly embarrassed that I let myself go to get into a position in which I have all this weight to lose. But I keep reminding myself that I'm only human. Life gets crazy, difficult, and different things thrown your way all the time, so I can't be down on myself too much. Especially seeing the progress I've made since January.

A lot of people have been asking me how I'm losing the weight. I hate to break it to you, but it's simple and nothing fancy: diet, exercise and calorie counting. There's no magic pill or drink that I'm ingesting. Just lots of dedication, accountability, sweat, and tears (yes, tears. Do you know how frustrating it is to work your butt off one week and NOT see the scale move, or it goes UP and not down?! I digress).

I'm using the app Lose It! to track everything I'm eating and weigh myself once a week. Even on days I cheat and go WAY over my budgeted calories, I holding myself accountable and track it on the app. Of course I'm trying to make good meal choices, but I'm no where near perfect and every day is not the best. But if I cheat, instead of throwing it all away I try better for the next meal. And if not for the next meal, then the next day. I keep remembering that it's one step at a time because I surely didn't gain all the weight overnight.

I'm motivated by others I see posting their successes or gym workouts all over social media, which by the way good for ALL OF YOU! I'm attending four (yes FOUR) weddings this year and I know with the progress I've made I'll be happy when I see photos from them. I'm thrilled because I had a dress I was hoping would fit for the first wedding in May and when I tried it on last weekend it fit perfectly. And I still have couple weeks to go, so it may even be BIG by that time (here's hoping, but not too big because I have no time to go out and buy a new one!)

Pinterest has been a Godsend since we are on a budget (and thus I'm saving money by not joining a gym), it helps me change up my workouts at home. I don't DREAD getting on the treadmill in my basement everyday when I have a different workout to keep me occupied. I have my own free weights, kettle bells, and yoga matt to mix up the routines and work different muscle groups. Now that it's getting warmer I'm enjoying exploring the neighborhoods near our house as I run through them.

I have to truly thank the woman, Rhonda, who was my trainer for the better part of 2 years from the time I got engaged to my wedding. I'm so grateful for the time she took to teach me about diet, nutrition, and exercise. I'd recommend to everyone that if you haven't worked with a personal trainer before, do it. Even if it's just to learn the right way to lift and get some nutritional information. Although I'm just working out at home, I've used so much of her teachings to help keep me on track. I have to admit that I didn't really 'get it' when I was training with her for my wedding day. Now that I finally do, the pieces are fitting together like she said they would to help me lose weight the healthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment