Monday, January 5, 2015

2015

2014 is over and good riddance. It was a rough year but all I can do is learn from it and focus on what's to come for 2015. 

The Huffington Post recently published an article about "8 things I Want to Be in 2015".

Which of course got me thinking about what to do for myself in 2015. And so it goes, I'm focusing on me:

Best time to date... but can be better!
Healthy - I swore that was my goal last year, and while I joined a gym in April and been committed to my running, spin, and lifting, I have a lot of room to improve. I've already stocked up on healthy food and outlined my schedule of what I want to accomplish in the gym. Little goals lead to bigger goals, and I need to stick with my program.

Present - Hi my name is Natalie and I'm addicted to social media. I need to take a step back. It really hit home for me when Goodreads told me I only read 6 books this year because that's not normal for me. I've been slack-a-lackin as I still have books from Christmas 2013 that I haven't read and a bunch more Santa brought me just 10 days ago. I need to stop checking social media when I'm laying in bed and pick up a damn book.

Trusting - I believe the saying goes let go and let God? Yeah, I need to stop stressing over what I can't control and as Elsa sings, "LET IT GOOOOOOOOO"

Creating - I need to write more. When I recently transferred a running draft of ideas I was saving as a 'composed' email into my Google docs, I found out it is 6 pages of material. All of which needs to be expanded on as these were just short clips to remember. PLUS I only wrote 7 blog posts this past year, as opposed to over 30 each of the previous 2 years. I need to keep up with writing because it's something I truly enjoy.

Lastly Grateful. I am going to keep a journal where I write down one thing I'm grateful for each day. No matter how tough my day is, I strive to find one positive aspect in all the negativity. 

I've set my resolutions to better myself in 2015 and I wish all of you the best for the upcoming year. 2014 can't say I'll miss you, but bring it on 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment