Monday, September 7, 2015

5 Minutes With Me

"Hi can we interview you for a profile of business planning for multi-generational insurance agents?"

Pause.

What this photo doesn't tell you is I'm not wearing pants,
but bright blue gym shorts.
You're welcome world. 
That crazy moment when: I realize I've been doing this insurance career long enough that I can get interviewed for it for advise and incite.

And now that I'm President of the Young Insurance Professionals of NJ it's sightly more work than I thought it would be on top of all the curveballs life keeps pitching my way. The amount of emails I get starting with "I found your contact information on the YIP website" has increased tenfold and I was only inducted in June.

I have to make decisions about event pricing and locations. I'm requested information from meetings, my first of which I didn't nearly take enough notes in but learned my lesson for the next time (and am so thankful for being able to just think back and have my brain synapses fire on all cylinders to reconstruct the conversation)

But then I sit back and realized that's the beauty of it, I don't know. I'm not alone and I have the most incredible people around me that are always there for me to ask questions or help guide me.

SURE THING I'm happy to answer some interview questions. I was myself and my honest answers are mix sarcasm and humor, but that's me. Because who wants to read a boring interview with laaaame answers? No one.

I then received an email this week from the communications director that National Organization liked it so much, they're running a shortened version of the article in their NATIONAL magazine. Which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

So here goes nothing, click and enjoy:  5 Minutes with Natalie Bruno

PS It literally took me an hour to figure out how to get that article to my blog but of all the options I tried, I think that link worked best. If it didn't OH WELL just remember you funniest 5 minute conversation with me and roll with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment